AND CEP/HW-CEP Series Instrinsically Safe Platform Scales
Are you looking for intrinsically safe weighing scales? - that is, scales which limit available energy to a level insufficient to cause sparks or heat that can ignite flammable gases or vapors.
One of the major issues with hazardous area scales has always been the power supply. The options normally available have been through a barrier to a safe area, direct to a safe area plug output, both of which require hard-wired cabling.
The alternative option has been through rechargeable batteries, which tend to be both expensive and have a relatively short-charge life and usable life.
A&D have solved these problems by designing their intrinsically safe scales to run on specified, readily available and disposable long-life batteries.
To date this is the first cost-effective, practical solution that can be easily moved around a work area.
AND's Intrinsically Safe Platform Scales are a series of internationally certified scales, e.g. IECEx, ATEX and FM/FMc, with the proper features to prevent explosions or set alight flammable chemicals.
You can bring these scales worry-free to locations where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids are present continuously or for long periods of time under normal operating conditions.
- Available in a wide selection of capacities and resolutions.
- IP65 dust & waterproof base unit with stainless steel pan - thus can weigh wet objects without problems, and allows these scales to be washed with water.
- The pan is resistant to chemicals, scratches and rust and easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- Multi-coloured 5-step LED comparator lights - comparisons can be made in three levels, five levels or even seven levels for both normal weighing and piece counting.
- Auto-tare and negative comparison functions.
- Key lock function can inhibit the use of certain keys to prevent unexpected changes to the scale settings.
- Auto power off function to avoid wasting power.
- Long battery life of approximately 1,500 hours using specified batteries. The batteries to be used are specified: DURACELL MN1300, ENERGIZER E95, or Panasonic LR20 (XJ).