Hazardous Area Scales
Are you looking for intrinsically safe weighing scales? - that is, scales which limit available energy to a level insufficient to cause sparks or heat that can ignite flammable gases or vapors.
One of the major issues with hazardous area scales has always been the power supply. The options normally available have been through a barrier to a safe area, direct to a safe area plug output, both of which require hard-wired cabling.
The alternative option has been through rechargeable batteries, which tend to be both expensive and have a relatively short-charge life and usable life.
A&D have solved these problems by designing their intrinsically safe scales to run on specified, readily available and disposable long-life batteries.
To date this is the first cost-effective, practical solution that can be easily moved around a work area.
AND's Intrinsically Safe Platform Scales are a series of internationally certified scales, e.g. IECEx, ATEX and FM/FMc, with the proper features to prevent explosions or set alight flammable chemicals.
You can bring these scales worry-free to locations where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids are present continuously or for long periods of time under normal operating conditions.
- Available in a wide selection of capacities and resolutions.
- IP65 dust & waterproof base unit with stainless steel pan - thus can weigh wet objects without problems, and allows these scales to be washed with water.
- The pan is resistant to chemicals, scratches and rust and easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- Multi-coloured 5-step LED comparator lights - comparisons can be made in three levels, five levels or even seven levels for both normal weighing and piece counting.
- Auto-tare and negative comparison functions.
- Key lock function can inhibit the use of certain keys to prevent unexpected changes to the scale settings.
- Auto power off function to avoid wasting power.
- Long battery life of approximately 1,500 hours using specified batteries. The batteries to be used are specified: DURACELL MN1300, ENERGIZER E95, or Panasonic LR20 (XJ).
These Intrinsically Safe Compact Balances are great scales, very convenient with respect to power supply, providing excellent explosion protection.
Operating off readily available alkaline batteries, which have a long life due to low power consumption, this completely cuts out the need for a power supply coming from a safe area via a safety barrier.
This Series comes in a weighing range capacity of 300g, 3000g and 12kg.
- Compact, lightweight and extremely affordable.
- Highly portable, with an Auto Power OFF function to save battery power.
- Easy to read LCD display with backlight.
- Hygenic and chemically resistant stainless steel weighing pan.
- Comparator function for faster and more accurate filling, packing and sorting.
- Multiple weighing units, in addition to counting mode, percent mode and Specific Gravity.
- Includes a security ring for wire locking the balance to prevent theft.
For Dangerous Goods or Hazardous Area weighing, particularly in harsh environments, people often overlook the option of using mechanical scales.
These are ideal, as there are no electronics to fail, and they also offer the advantage of a mechanical scale's robustness.
There are minimum, if any, installation costs, and set up correctly, very little maintenance.
Go ahead and take a look in our Mechanical Scales section, as many of these scales can be utilised in dangerous goods areas.
Antique-looking Fan Scales might not leap to your mind as useful in such a role, but in fact Fan scales have a speciality use in high explosive areas where electronics are not an option and we can can fit your Fan scale with pneumatic controls for automatic cut-off when used in these dangerous environments.
You are very welcome to contact us to talk about your requirements.