ThuDec062018Tiny houses are beginning to feature more & more in NZ architecture & as a response to housing issues. Built to float ...
TueSep112018Here's a list of things you should never ever do to your electronic scale, followed by some advice on how to clean your scale safely....
Here's a list of things you should never ever do to your electronic scale, followed by some advice on how to clean your scale safely.
* Never ever water-blast any scale, even if it is rated as 'water resistant' - this will destroy the electrical system as effectively as dropping it in a bathtub full of water!
And never immerse your electonic scale in water to clean it.
* Do not use any harsh cleaning compounds, such as hyperchlorites, on the scales when you're cleaning them, and please remove your scales from areas that are being cleaned with harsh chemicals
- this is because the fumes, mainly chlorine, can even penetrate into a water resistant scale and cause corrosion.
* Please treat your electronic scale as carefully as you would treat your cellphone - they are both sophisticated electronic instruments.
A good cleaning procedure is to
1. Create a designated cleaning area and always take your scales there to clean them.
2. Wipe the scale over with warm water and a mild detergent such as dish washing liquid.
3. For harder cleaning a rag soaked in methylated spirits is suitable.
4. Avoid too much cleaning around labels as they will come off over time.
5. For larger scales with a removable stainless top cover, this can be taken off and cleaned more rigorously - provided there are no electronics attached to it.
6. Dry off with a soft clear, and store in a dry area if possible.
The Weigh to Excellence
Advasco Scales – specialists in weighing equipment
Want to talk weighing equipment? Talk to us! We will answer your enquiries promptly.
We are specialists in custom design and building of weighing equipment for specific purposes, always working in close collaboration with our clients.
We can adapt existing weighing equipment to fit a specific need or manufacture a purpose-designed item at your request.
We have an innovative and creative programmer who will respond to your software data recording needs, and if it's not a program that we already have, we're happy to discuss your requirements and provide exactly what you need.
We sell both new and second-hand scales, and yes, we do deal in trade-ins.
You can hire scales from us, for any time period you choose, to suit a wide variety of uses.
We service and repair scales and we have registered technicians who will carry out calibration accreditation tests to meet your own quality control requirements,
or any of the various legally required testing regimes such as TS and MAF.
We have a broad range of knowledge and expertise in both mechanical and electronic weighing systems, from simple mechanical scales
to multi-purpose computerised scales to systems including test rigs, and we can advise you on the best options to suit your project and budget.